Thursday, October 11, 2007

Just a huge thought today while teaching!!!

I tend to get into a lot of ruts in life and seem to forget about the simple things! One of my kids in class...you know the ones that make teaching seem harder than it should...got really quiet all of a sudden and looked soooo sad. I've been having many thoughts that I just need to love him big time. So I kneeled down next to him and just asked him if he was o.k. He didn't move, didn't do his work, just sat there. About 5 minutes later he came up to me and said that his dad was just put in jail and he was really sad (I was totally fighting the tears as we talked). But he was glad that his grandma was around to help take care of him. So here I felt totally put in my place by this little first grader. There are so many things to be grateful for and I forget about the simple things in life that bring TRUE happiness!!! I have such a great husband, a beautiful healthy little girl, a home, supporting family, loving friends, and the perfect job that, like today, brings me such joy!!!

9 comments:

VivaLasFloyds said...

You are MY teacher of the year!

Jen@eighteen25 said...

glad he has his grandma and a teacher like you!

Cherine said...

I appreciated your blog. My husband and I had a friend die conference weekend in a freak head on colliosn accident. So I say count your blessings and your time on earth because it could only be 26 years long or 50 years we never know!!!

Thanks for caring for this child. He needs Amanda in his life!!

Missy said...

That's awesome! I teared up while reading.

Kelly Nordfelt said...

That is so cool that you teach! Where and what do you teach?

Lacey said...

Wow! Thanks I needed that. It can be so easy to be ungrateful. I can tell you are a great teacher. I miss it sooooo much!

Amy said...

It's teachers like you who make such a difference in the lives of children! You are such a sweet teacher.
I LOVE the family pics! You are such a babe....and that Ella...she's so adorable!
How are you feeling?

Amanda said...

I teach 1st grade on the east near my house...it's great! I love the school I'm at!!!

Terri said...

Amanda Love it.
LOVE the pics, your family is soo adorable. What a cutie for a husband, where did you meet?
LOVE that you are a influential teacher
LOVE that your little girl would even try the pumpkin insides. My son will gag on corn.
Ohhh and yes that was our backyard, thanks we love it.
And please tell Melinda to email me please!!!!!!!!
terriandsilver@gmail.com