Monday, October 15, 2007

Family Home Evening!!!

So for family night we decided to carve the pumpkin that we got from the pumpkin patch last family night. Ella had a lot of fun especially when it came to being able to eat the inside of the pumpkin. Cason was such a sport...he's been sick with strep all weekend and is still trying to recoop. And of course, I held the camera...but did get my hands all messy when it came to cleaning it out!
Cason starting out the pumpkin!!! "Is that edible"
Thank heaven for measure cups to help in scooping out the brains of the pumpkin!!!
The pumpkin seeds were so slippery they kept sliding out of her fingers when she'd try putting them into her mouth!!!
The finished product!!!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

That looked so fun. I can't wait until next year when Dax is able to participate like Ella did!! Cason is such a trooper. I think that if I had strep I wouldn't get out of bed.

Jen@eighteen25 said...

Nice job!! THat's what we did last night too!

Cherine said...

Ya that will be our next family home evening project!!! Fun Fun!!!

Melody said...

Cute pumpkin! My kids think all the brains of the pumpkin are gross but I think its fun to pull them out!? :) Hope Cason feels better! Being sick is such a bummer!:(

Missy said...

Turned out cute! Hope Cason feels better soon!

Unknown said...

Matt LOVES Halloween (an so do I) so I can totally relate when it comes to carving pumpkins, etc. The end product looks really great!

I LOVE your family pics. You all look so great! Your hair is SO PRETTY!!

--Jen Roper

Lacey said...

That's our next FHE! How fun! She's a doll with her blond curly hair.

Joella said...

The pumpkin turned out so cute and Ella looks too cute! I wish mine would look good, I think that is why Eric would do it too.