Monday, March 16, 2009

Can You Believe It?

Once again...so much has happened...without me getting overwhelmed and by leaving out everything that has really happened from Thanksgiving to Christmas...here goes...

Bentley turned 1:
December 28th...I'd feel like a really bad mom if I didn't post just a few pictures from Bentley's first birthday!!!

He was facinated with the candle...but got a little too close & tried to touch it...thus the huge cry face!!!


First hair cut:


Red Rock on President's Day:
I think pictures will say it all!!! It was snowing and cold!!! The really neat pictures are on my facebook!!! I didn't want to take my camera with us on the hike because it was snowing so hard.




Girl Fun!!!:
Ella and her friend Kenzee. It's fun that Ella is at an age where she has friends and is good at playing. She is very lucky to have great friends...what's funny is that she hangs out with the girls' that I have been friends with since forever!!! I love that!!!


Started Running:No pictures but let me just tell you that I LOVE it with a passion. There is something about being able to run and leave all of my cares and concerns behind. I wish there was more time in the day for it. Thanks to Missy who has truly gotten me motivated to start. She is the best running buddy!!!


Day at the Park: Last Saturday we went out to Tooley Springs for some family fun. Unfortunately by the time we got there, we only had about 1/2 hr before the park closed. In that time we still had a blast. First off...the geese out there are brutal. They are completely vicious. I think even at times Cason ran from them!!! I have always loved going there since I was a kid and hope to make a place that we continue to take our own kids!!!



Today is my dad's 58th Birthday:
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
Tonight we got together at our house for some steak and potato bar for my dad's birthday with all the family that's in town. It was a lot of fun and were able to continue with our birthday tradition of saying everything we like and love about my dad. We, especially me, are so VERY grateful to have him in our lives. Anyone that knows him...loves him...and knows exactly what kind of father, friend, and worker he is. He has always been such a great example to me and I only hope that I can be half of the parent that he was to me. I feel so lucky to have him as my dad!!!

14 comments:

MC Lewis said...

I love how Cason is cutting his hair! I just hope he teaches him to cut his own hair one day. Good job for running!

Missy said...

Oh my gosh, you posted!!!
Happy b-day to your dad, he is so awesome!
You are the best running partner...Darren runs ahead!!

The Kodak Moments of our Life said...

Looks like you guys have been having fun lately! I love running too! I agree it just feels good to get out in the fresh air and run.

Steph said...

Wow! You have had alot going on :) Glad someone is passionate about running! I try to love it but I just can't...but I still do it :)

Mandi A. said...

you should race with me and missy! Your halfway done with the training, now you need the medal :o)

I can't believe Bentley is 1. I think the last time I saw you he was a few months old!

. said...

Yay for an update! I love it and your dad is the best! I will forever picture him fishing with Jessica during our summer camping trip...that was the greatest!

The Albrecht's said...

I'm so glad I get to see more pics of your cute kiddos. I love the picture of Ella playing dress-up. Tell your Dad Happy Birthday! Way to go on the running. I wish I lived closer then maybe I would be motivated too.

Ronda said...

Hey Amanda, you have such a cute family. We live in Spanish Fork, how is Vegas? I am so happy I can see what you are up to.

Rachel said...

you are alive! thank goodness. i love the picture of bentley on the phone!

Kathleen Mecham said...

Cute family. I am afraid that Cason is cutting hair though. Is that really safe?

Kathleen Mecham said...

Cute family. I am afraid that Cason is cutting hair though. Is that really safe?

Shauna said...

I'm glad you finally updated. We miss you guys and it's fun to see what you're up to. Bentley is so big and I bet he's so fun. Ella is such a doll too. Hope all is well with you guys!

The Funderburks said...

Amanda,you should add your blog to the SUU alumni blog http://suualumni.blogspot.com/ and encourage other alumni who are blogging to do the same!

Anonymous said...

Your dad still looks like he could run a full marathon no problem! I miss that guy, tell him I said hey!