Saturday, September 6, 2008

DANG!!!

So I would say my life has made a complete turn around. It's almost scary how it takes a possible life event to make you feel totally greatful and content with what you have. 2 weeks ago, we were driving to California to go to one of my old roomate's wedding and get a phone call from my mom. She says, "No need to panic..." of course I panic. My dad had to go into surgery for his elbow that seemed infected. Needless to say it turned into a week long stay at St. Rose Hospital, 2 surgeries, 35 stints in his arm, and 4 different kinds of antibiotics. He ended up having a staff (not sure if that's how you spell it medically) infection that became very serious very fast. What a blessing it was to have him come home last Sunday. Our family truly has been blessed by so many people who prayed in my dad's behalf. He felt such an abudance of love and support. I have such a testimony for prayer and especially for the power of the priesthood. Thank you, Thank You, andThank You again!!!



I love my daddy-o!!! Here is one of the times he had to be spoon fed! I wish we could have gotten a picture of my mom doing "Bulls-eye" with him!!!

15 comments:

VivaLasFloyds said...

SO happy that he is home and doing better!!

Page said...

I am so glad to hear he is doing better! I can't even imagine what that must have been like for your family! I'm trying to get used to Swinn/Downer myself- but don't worry, your time will come soon!

Lacey said...

Staff infections are VERY scray. My dad was just in the hospital about a month ago with one. I'm so happy that you're dad is okay. It's hard going through those scary situations.

Jonny and Amber said...

It was so good to talk to you today. I am glad your Dad is doing better. Keep me updated.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! I am so glad he is doing better! I understand the scare.. we have had our share of er visits and hospital stays this last few months too! If you need anything at all... even just to talk you know you got me!!! Oh and how is the new school year going?

Kara said...

Good ol' Tom. I'm so glad he's home and doing better. Ya always hate to have to go through something scarey like that, but it really helps you to count your blessings. And it puts things in total perspective. Glad things are better. Love ya!!!

The Bechtol Family said...

thanks cason and amanda for keeping us updated on your dad the last couple of weeks!! we thought about him and rayed for him everyday!! he's a WONDERFUL man!! glad he's part of the fam!!

The Bechtol Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melody said...

happy to hear he is much better!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your father is doing better. Things get so scary sometimes. I am sorry it's been a hard few weeks. If you need anything let me know. It is always nice to count your many blessings.

Jen@eighteen25 said...

amanda... your sweet family has been in my thoughts and prayers. i can't even begin to imagine what you guys have been through. i'm so glad to hear he is doing better!!

love ya girl!!

Celeste said...

How crazy! The same kind of thing happened to my father-in-law's finger!! In the hospital for a week because of an infected finger!... so I feel your pain and I hope he gets feeling better soon.

Brooke said...

How cute is your dad!!! I wish I would have known what was going on before I bumped into you yesterday! Hope thing go well with his infection, that's so horrible!! It looks like he is getting top notch care by the looks of things though:) love you guys!

. said...

It's great to hear Tom is continually improving. He is such an amazing and generous guy! I know Brian has always appreciated Tom's support of basketball. My most poignant memory of him is when he fished with Jessica while we went camping. What a great dad!!!

Erin Marriott said...

Oh wow, your dad sounds amazing, and everything he's had to go through! Poor guy, that sounds painful and horrible. It's so hard watching someone you love so much go through all of that. Glad he's doing better.