Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!!!

Happy Birthday!!!




I am not very smooth with words and hopefully this post will let you know what a great mom I have! For tradition, every birthday we celebrate in the family, we go around and say things we love and appreciate about that person. Some of the things that were said were:
  • is selfless
  • compassionate
  • a "Great" grandma
  • appreciated now more than ever now that we have kids
  • fun loving
  • easy to talk to & a great listener
  • her grandkids light up when they see her enter the room!

My mom truly is the greatest!!! I can't think of a time that she hasn't been there for me! When I was up at school, she would be there without hesitation if I needed a shoulder to cry on or groceries in my fridge. She made every hard time in my life so much easier. Growing up and even more today she has always been a true friend and someone I can always talk to and get advice from. She has taught me so many things about myself and who I want to be. She is someone I look up to and want to be like!

I LOVE YOU MOM!!!

11 comments:

. said...

Happy Birthday Lynne!!!! What a sweet tribute to your mom and your words are perfect. What's really cool is that the words that were used to describe your mom also describe you (except for the grandma piece).

Tianna said...

Moms are the best! Happy 21st Birthday Lynne! You look great. Those grandkids have a way of keeping you young.

Melody said...

Awww, that was sweet! You are sooo lucky to have such a great Mom! Hope she had a wonderful Birthday!!!

Unknown said...

Your mom is so cute and fun! Happy Birthday! It looks like Ella had a great time with the cake too!

I also love the new look of your blog. Cute!

Kim said...

That's so sweet. Isn't it great knowing that you had such a good example of how to be an amaxing Mom! You're kids are so lucky : )

Missy said...

How sweet! Happy B-day Lynne! You were always the "cool" mom in high school! You still are!!
Amanda, I love the blog, it looks cute! You'll have to help me with a new header. Hey, did you make the salad for the bbq?

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! Your Mom is really a great person. I've always just loved her. She makes you smile just looking at her.

Jen@eighteen25 said...

sweet post amanda.
hope your mom had a great birthday!!

Erin Marriott said...

Oh, that was so sweet. I've only met your mom once, and she is so cute. I can tell you have a lot of her in you. I love that tradition on birthdays!

Mark and Aubrey said...

I love your new blog layout! It looks great... and yes, I agree with everyone else.. your mom is amazing :)

Angie Larkin said...

Hi Amanda. This is Angie Larkin. My husband Nic works with your hubby at Merrill. I met you at the christmas party. I never got to see your little baby boy. What a beautiful family you have! Your kids are adorabale! And you and Casin are so disgustingly photogenic. Anyway, saw your blog on my new friend Marylin Kelley's blog. Take care!