Thursday, April 10, 2008

BACK TO WORK!!!


So I had been dreading today since January. I went back to work (even though it is part-time). I woke up feeling as anxious as ever and very emotional. I get to work to find a huge banner hanging in front of my classroom door. It put a huge smile on my face feeling very thankful for such a great partner teacher (she was the master mind in all of this) as well as class. It was going to be a good day I thought. I become very anxious again trying to remember what it's like teaching and how the routine of the day is supposed to go. The bell rings....my heart started to flutter (worse than the first day of school jitters). I walk outside to pick up my class...and there they are!!! Every single one of them standing in a single file line holding a flower. At the end of the line was another student holding a bouquet. Yes, I can do this!!! I had the biggest crocodile tears swelling my eyes. The first day back was great. I couldn't have pictured it being any better!!!

15 comments:

Rachelle said...

I was just thinking today if you had gone back to work. I know exactly how you feel...I remember those days all to well.The day will come and you will have the kids with you at school, in the morning while you are prepping and in the afternoon, when you want to hear anything but a childs voice, and you will think that having the kids at a babysitters would really be nice right now! Hang in there!

Aspen garyson said...

How sweet! Hopefully, it will get a little easier to leave to kiddos. That was so cute of your class to do that for you.

Lynne said...

what a special way to spend your first day back at school. Amanda u r such a wonderful teacher and your kids just know that about you. isnt it great that mel has updated her blog with pictures of Addelyn? im so proud of her, and you,

Michelle said...

I am so glad that your day turned out so wonderful!!

. said...

Welcome back! Sounds like the kids and your teaching partner are glad to have you back.

VivaLasFloyds said...

We're glad you're back!!

Missy said...

That is so sweet Amanda! I'm glad it went well. I was feeling nervous for you.

Lacey said...

I have those same feelings whenever I think about going back to teaching. "Am I capable?" "How did it all seems so easy?" So it's just like riding a bike. What a sweet little class. Kids make the world a better place.

Unknown said...

How sweet! I'm glad that they made your first day back a great one!

Anonymous said...

Ohh.. you are loved! That would have made me cry too... I almost cried reading it! How sweet!

MC Lewis said...

How cute. I got a little emotional just reading that. I think it is because I realize that I dont want to go back to work next week.....sad!

Erin Marriott said...

Oh, those kids just love you!! I bet you are the cutest, coolest teacher in the world. I would love to be a fly on the wall, and watch you teach. I do need to call you, and I'm glad I now have your phone number! I promiss I'll call you sometime soon, it's been crazy!

Shauna said...

How sweet of your class. I still go back and visit mine, although it's been a while. I miss it. I am also happy not to be back at the same time. I know what you mean with the butterflies. I bet you'll get back into the swing of things soon enough.

Amy said...

That is so sweet. I got tears just reading it. Those kids just love you so much, I'm sure of it. To answer your question, we went to the childrens museum in Indianapolis, and yes it did look just like the one you went to. Congrats to Mel, what a beautiful baby! You are so sweet to go out and help. Aren't sisters the best?!

Melody said...

Awww! I'm glad you had a good day!