Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My First Day of School!

After back to school shopping (for my classroom of course & quickly growing belly) and getting my classroom all put together...the first day of school went well. This year I am sharing a contract with my friend Page. So far it's been a blast. I don't think it will ever be any different, we get along great. I got to school early having butterflies in my stomach (I think I get them worse then the kids) and finished all of the little details we'd been putting off. Our theme this year is "The Happiest Place on Earth" and were doing all Disney stuff. I love it. Now I just need to get to Disneyland. We took a tour around the school "FINDING NEMO" and went looking for something that smelled fishy. The last place we found Nemo fish treats in our principal's office. We took pictures and went over classroom rules and procedures. It seems like I have a great class. Because I'm only part time now I work only every other Wednesday and every Thursday and Friday. I can't wait. I wanted to go the first day to meet my class and make sure they know that I'm not going to put up with anything (just kidding). I will try to get pictures taken of the classroom to put up.

10 comments:

VivaLasFloyds said...

When Makenzie saw the room she was so sad that she didn't have you again this year!

Missy said...

I'm glad it went well. I really want to see your classroom! It will probably just make me want to go to Disneyland even more though.

Jen@eighteen25 said...

You are my kind of teacher... DISNEYLAND.. shut up. we should take a field trip there. you sound like a great teacher! glad you had a good first day too!

Jamie G. said...

What a cute idea!! I'm glad you had a fun day.

jodie@eighteen25 said...

Well...we will all have to go when Missy and Darren were talking about it. That would be fun!
Sounds like your classroom is so cute...can't wait to see pics.

Amanda said...

We should totally go...It's so sad, I haven't even seen the new parks! I'm lame!!!

Melody said...

You're so not busting. Thanks for stopping by. I saw your blog the other day but I didn't know if it was rude to leave a comment or not. I'm really new to this. But with me it's not, I love to hear from friends I haven't seen in a long time. So anyway, let me know when you have your baby or if you are having a baby shower, and Congrats on your first day of school. I bet you're an awesome teacher and the kids just love you.
How could they not!

Anamarie Olenslager Fagg said...

Yeah, Madison is at Park ES and she is my oldest. What do you mead 'all day buddies"? Take care of that wee little one:-)

Michele said...

Hey Amanda! Its Michele Shafer! I miss you so much! Check out my blog sometime and call me too! 435-862-0746, we live in St. George so come visit! congrats on your soon to be new arrival!

Amy said...

You are such a cute teacher! Can you be little Kenzie's teacher someday? I'm glad you are back into the swing of things. Love ya..oh and nope...my phone # is still the same.