Thursday, June 19, 2008

What's been going on?

I am a little late with a lot of these posts... here's what's been going on!!!

Bentley...

He is getting so big. He is now 19 lbs. WOW! He is trying hard to sit up on his own. Everyday he is doing something new. I love this stage! He reaches for everything and puts it all in his mouth.
Father's Day...

You probably can't see out my dirty door very well...but for Father's Day, I thought I would try something different. I went out myself and mowed the grass and trimmed the edges! I was so proud of myself. It took me about 2 1/2 hours. I was very lucky because Ella was asleep the whole time and Bentley was happy laying on the ground inside. I kept going in to check on him (maybe that's why it took me so long). Cason was very excited and appreciative! It was a great Father's Day. Cason is a great dad and husband. Our kids adore him. Ella is totally a daddy's girl. Even this morning while he was getting ready for work she kept hugging his leg saying "Miss you Daddy"!

Playing at the park...
Ella loved that slide. I tried to get a better picture but this is all I could get!!! These swings are the coolest!!! All of the kids were loving them! Ella and Quincy had a blast swinging together. They just kept smiling and giggling at each other!!!
Ella's 2nd Birthday...
Ella's homeade birthday cake...I made it and Cason went through and put the finishing touches on it!!! It wasn't too hard to make. Although when it was time to start decorating I totally dropped it on the counter and it split in half. Luckily you couldn't tell once the frosting was on it!

Cami posing!!! Looking all sexy!!!


Ella had a great time at her party!!! She loved everything she got but her favorite gift was the Cinderella costume!!! She didn't want to take it off!!! It was fun watching how much more into her birthday she was than last.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job on the back yard! What a good wife you are! Ella is so dang cute! and bentley is so big!! How much does he weight now?

Jamie G. said...

That was a good Father's Day gift!! Ella is so cute, and I can't believe how big Bentley is already!

Kim said...

What a thoughtful father's day gift. Bentley is getting so big... he is so adorable!

Anonymous said...

Your little boy is adorably cute. He is getting so big. How fun. Hapy birthday to Ella..She is a cutie. That was so sweet of you to do the backyard for your hubby. Nice gift idea..

Brooke said...

You are such a stud with the yard work! What a great idea!!!! That's why you are so cool. BTW where are those cool swings at?

Missy said...

Man, you've become so domestic...yard and cake! Good job girl! I'm glad we've gotten the kids together in the last bit, so fun!

Melody said...

Aww..he is so cute! Good idea with Father's day..and I love Ella's cake..sorry you dropped it though but you can't even tell! Good Job!:)

The Bechtol Family said...

cute pic of ella with mickey and minnie!! i wonder who took the pic?? :) we had fun at the party, thanks for letting us come to celebrate her special day. i have a ton of pics to give you so you can add them to your blog. the ones of all the girls.... your aunts, your mom, you and ella, turned out very cute...

Dana Marchant said...

What a grass-mowing, cake-baking, awesome Mom are you?

jodie@eighteen25 said...

yes...the cake turned out so cute!
i opted for costco...boring, i know!

our girls have fun together and i'm so glad that we've been able to hang out as much as we have.

...and bentley...what a stud.

Michelle said...

Your kids are seriously adorable!!! And what a cute bday cake :)

Jen@eighteen25 said...

amanda.. aren't you just the cutest mom and wife! way to get out there and mow the lawn. i can't say that i've ever done that nor do i want to... haha.
and look at cami in all her sexyness....
and those kids of yours... precious. is bentley missing me lately?

Shauna said...

Way to go on the yard work. Bentley is getting big...wow 19 lbs already--he's going to be a big boy. Ella is so cute and her party looks like a lot of fun.

Tami and Kaleo said...

Hi Amanda how are you. You did a great job on that cake. I have always wanted to bake my own cakes for my kids but sure enough I always ending up buying it I suck. But for dropping it on the ground and breaking it. Now that for sure would happen to me. haha. Love you Tami

Cherine said...

You are a champ doing all that yard work! I have only mowed the lawn once in my life (on my mission in my missionary attire). I thought it was fun! Holy cow your boy is a man child! He is a cutie and your sweet Ella is a big girl. Time does fly!!!

Celeste said...

You are so good to mow the lawn... what a great Father's Day gift. Happy Birthday to Ella... what you have a two year old?! And Bently is so cute... I can't beleive he's 19 lbs! I think big babies are soooo much fun... and his Jordan shirt is so cute too.

Steph said...

It's empowering to take care of the yard like that! I used to have to do when we lived in North Carolina. It really gave me a sense of accomplishemnt. Good for you!

Kara said...

Nice yard work. I love that feeling of accomplishment you get when you do something like yard work! I am so happy you finally put something new on your blog. I kept wanting to send you messages, but you kept having camp intervention! Ha ha! After this week you'll have to come play! Love ya! Oh, your cake is awesome!

. said...

Looks like you have been busy and nice job on the cake and the lawn. Cason is so lucky!!!

The Jones Fam said...

It looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun! Is that park that you're at the one on Paseo Verde and St. Rose? We go there all the time, Jaylee LOVES the swings and the water pad. Ella looks absolutely beautiful as a princess on her birthday.

MC Lewis said...

I love the cake!!! I wish we would have gone, but I didnt want Mark to get anyone sick. How did you do the cake??

Terri said...

How cute is your little man. Boys are so fun I love it. Your little girl is growing up so fast as well. Beautiful family Amanda. I too am impressed about your yard. Last time I mowed a lawn was in college. My husband and I have an agreement. Iam in charge of the inside and he is on the outside. :)
Love ya.

Erin Marriott said...

Oh wow, I had so much to catch up on with you! I haven't checked your blog forever! I'm so glad you two had some alone time for your anniversary! Sounds like a fun trip! Happy 4 years, woohoo!! Time really flies. Also, that was so sweet of you to mow the lawn for father's day! I'm sure that was SO appreciated! You're such a cute wife/mom!

Cami said...

That picture wasn't supposed to be displayed, oh my gosh, I'm a dork!